Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Gap has been Bridged

Thanks to all of you who came out to my presentation today. You were a great group and wonderful to work with!

Big news and takeaways for me from the Bridging the Gap conference (in a list because I'm exhausted!):

  • Keynote: Teachers in NC could probably qualify as dealing with some form of PTSD from all of the changes we've had in the last decade.
  • My session: Adults like scissors and glue as much as the kids do! :) Also, you know that feeling when you go to a session and the ideas start bubbling up? It's even cooler when you watch it happen in your session. 
  • NASA loves giving away stuff to teachers! (On a sad note, I feel so bad for those kids who lost their experiments in the explosion today. Hopefully they will get a second chance.)
  • Biogen Idec is awesome and I love them! Yay for a chance for a $2000 or $5000 grant.
  • After the session to meet all of the nonprofit groups, I now know what speed dating feels like. 
  • App State has a really neat Computer Science workshop for teachers. If I could run away from home for the summer, I would so be there.

Now to catch up on school for the last two days of the quarter!

Then... NCCTM on Friday where I'll be sharing my Arts Integrated lesson plans for Math 1.

                                                    (Photographic evidence for my principal)

No comments:

Post a Comment